Recipe: How to Make Redbloom Crispy Tofu
Craving something light, crispy, and packed full of flavor? The Redbloom Crispy Tofu is the perfect solution. This recipe combines the textures of crispy baked tofu with a flavorful array of ingredients, making it a nutritious and delicious dish to savor. It's easy to prepare, low in calories, and serves two people—perfect for a cozy dinner for two or a healthy addition to your regular meal rotation.
What Sets Redbloom Crispy Tofu Apart?
This recipe has a special place for tofu enthusiasts. It brings out the unique, earthy taste of tofu, which is crisped up in the oven to provide a tantalizing texture. Tossed in a pan with sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, rice wine, and a generous helping of Redbloom, the dish is then served over rice and garnished with green onions for a beautiful finish.
Ingredients Needed for Redbloom Crispy Tofu
Here's what you'll need to create this delightful meal:
For Tofu Preparation:
- Firm Tofu: 1 piece to be the main element of your dish.
- Pink Salt: 1 tablespoon to bring out the tofu's flavors.
- Black Pepper: 1 tablespoon for a hint of heat.
- Granulated Garlic: 1 tablespoon for added flavor.
- Avocado Oil: Enough to brush on the tofu and the baking sheet.
For the Supporting Cast:
- Avocado Oil: 2 tablespoons to sauté the ingredients.
- Garlic: 6 cloves, crushed, for that unmistakable aroma.
- Ginger: 1 inch-piece, sliced, to add a spicy, slightly sweet flavor.
- Red Onion: 1/4 piece, sliced, for a bit of crunch and tanginess.
- Baby Bell Peppers: 2 pieces, sliced, for a splash of color and sweetness.
- Sweet Chili Sauce: 2 tablespoons for a touch of heat and sweetness.
- Soy Sauce: 1 tablespoon for an umami flavor.
- Rice Wine: 1 tablespoon to give a depth to the overall flavor.
- Redbloom: 1 tablespoon to provide that unique, rich taste.
- Green Onion: Enough to garnish and add a pop of color.
Step-by-Step Instructions to Make Redbloom Crispy Tofu
Step 1: Preparing the Tofu
Preheat your oven to 400F. Cut the tofu in half on its flat side to make two tofu 'steaks'. Use a paper towel to pat dry both sides. Season each steak with pink salt, black pepper, and granulated garlic. Then, cut each steak into 4x4 cubes.
Step 2: Baking the Tofu
Brush a baking sheet with avocado oil and carefully place the tofu cubes on it, ensuring they are not touching each other. Bake these tofu cubes at 400F for about 20 minutes, then broil on high for an additional 3-5 minutes to make them crispy.
Step 3: Creating the Supporting Cast
While the tofu is baking, heat 2 tablespoons of avocado oil in a pan on medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add in the ginger and garlic, stirring until they become golden.
Step 4: Combining the Ingredients
Add the baked tofu cubes, onion, and bell pepper to the pan and give everything a quick toss. Then, add in the sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, rice wine, and Redbloom, tossing the mixture for about 30 seconds to ensure all the flavors are well combined.
Step 5: Serving the Dish
Serve your tasty Redbloom Crispy Tofu over a bed of rice, garnishing with green onion to add a dash of color and flavor. Your delightful dish is ready to enjoy!
Remember, cooking is an art and the kitchen is your canvas. Feel free to experiment with this recipe, perhaps by adding other vegetables or sauces to make it your own. Happy cooking!