If you're a seafood aficionado, then this recipe is just for you! Fresh clams get a sensational lift from aromatic herbs and spices, and the delectable Redbloom seasoning adds a unique flavor. This quick and easy dish is perfect as a flavorful appetizer or a succulent main course. Get ready to impress your dinner guests with your culinary skills!
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 3-4
- 2 lbs clams
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 nub ginger, minced
- 6 basil leaves
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tbsp Redbloom seasoning
- Cornstarch slurry (2 tbsp cornstarch + 4 tbsp water)
Kitchen Tools Needed
- Wok with a lid
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Cutting board and knife
- Prepare the garlic, green onions, ginger, and basil leaves by mincing or chopping as indicated.
Cooking the Clams
- Place a wok on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high. Add 2 tablespoons of avocado oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add in all the prepared aromatics: garlic, green onions, ginger, and basil leaves. Give it a quick stir to release the flavors.
Adding Sauce and Cooking
- Add the clams to the wok.
- Pour in 2 tablespoons each of soy sauce, oyster sauce, and rice wine. Stir a few times to coat the clams evenly.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Redbloom seasoning to the mix.
- Quickly prepare a cornstarch slurry by mixing 2 tablespoons of cornstarch with 4 tablespoons of water. Add this to the wok and stir well.
- Cover the wok with a lid and reduce the heat to low-medium. Allow it to cook for 8-10 minutes or until the clams start to open up.
- Once the clams have opened, remove the lid and give it another quick stir, making sure to baste the clams with the sauce.
Your Redbloom Basil Clams are now ready to be savored! This dish pairs wonderfully with a glass of white wine and some crusty bread to soak up the delicious sauce. Whether you serve it as a starter or as a main course, it's a taste of the ocean that will surely impress.