Tacos are a versatile and beloved dish, a culinary canvas that allows you to experiment with flavors, textures, and ingredients. If you're looking to take your taco game to the next level, look no further than our Redbloom Beef Flank Tacos. Grass-fed flank steak meets a melody of spices and herbs, and it all comes together in a soft corn tortilla. So, are you ready to treat yourself and your guests to a taco experience they'll never forget? Let's get cooking!
For the Steak Prep:
- 1 lb grass-fed flank steak
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
For the Steak Seasoning:
- 2 tsp red peppercorn
- 2 tsp green peppercorn
- 2 tsp pink salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp granulated garlic (skip if low FODMAP)
- 2 stalks green onion (skip if low FODMAP)
- 6 cloves garlic (crushed) (skip if low FODMAP)
- 6 basil leaves
- 3 mini bell peppers (sliced)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
For the Taco Prep:
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 easter egg radish (sliced)
- 8 basil leaves (chopped)
- 1 lemon (halved)
- 4 tsp Redbloom Bloom Bae
Kitchen Tools Needed
- Cutting board
- Cast iron pan
- Pestle and mortar
- Cooking tongs
- Mixing bowls
- Chopping block
- Chop off the white end and middle part of the green onion and set aside. Dice the green end for garnish.
- In a pestle and mortar, grind up all the ingredients for the Steak Seasoning.
Marinating the Steak:
- Rub the flank steak generously with the prepared Steak Seasoning on both sides.
Cooking the Steak:
- Add avocado oil to a cast-iron pan and heat it on high. Once the oil is hot, add the seasoned flank steak to the pan.
- Sear the steak for 3-4 minutes on each side for a good crust.
Basting the Steak:
- Lower the heat and add in butter, garlic, basil, green onion stalk, and sliced mini bell peppers. Baste the steak for 90 seconds.
Resting the Steak:
- Move the steak to a chopping block, and let it rest for 7 minutes with all the basting ingredients on top.
Preparing the Tortillas:
- Toast the corn tortillas in the pan using the remaining oil and steak juices.
Assembling the Tacos:
- Once the steak has rested, slice it into thin, manageable strips.
- Assemble your tacos in the following order: start with a corn tortilla, add slices of steak, top with basting ingredients, add two slices of easter egg radish, sprinkle chopped basil, give it a fresh squeeze of lemon, and finally add 1 tsp of Redbloom Bloom Bae.
These flavorful Redbloom Beef Flank Tacos pair well with a side of Mexican-style rice, a tangy salsa, or even a simple guacamole dip. You can also enjoy them with a chilled beer or a tangy margarita for that complete taco night experience.
These Redbloom Beef Flank Tacos are the embodiment of culinary fusion—a marriage of textures and flavors that transcends the traditional taco experience. The grass-fed flank steak is juicy and tender, while the array of spices and herbs elevate it to an unforgettable gastronomic experience. So why wait? Try this out, and make your next taco night an event to remember.