Do you ever find yourself craving a dish that's a delightful blend of savory, sweet, and a hint of spice? If yes, then you're in for a treat! Meet the Redbloom Crispy Pork Toast—a crunchy, juicy, and delicious dish that can be whipped up in just 20 minutes. Perfect for a lazy Sunday brunch or a quick weeknight dinner, this recipe offers mouthwatering flavors with every bite.
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Calories: 400 per serving
- Servings: 2
- 1 cooked pork belly from Trader Joe's
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Redbloom
- 1 slice sourdough bread
- 1 cocktail cucumber, chopped
- 1 baby sweet pepper, chopped
- 4 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, julienned
Kitchen Tools Needed
- Mixing bowl
- Brush for applying marinade
Searing the Pork Belly
- In a pan over medium-high heat, sear the pork belly on all sides until it turns crispy.
- Once done, remove from heat and set aside. Save the oil from the pork for toasting the bread.
Preparing the Marinade
- In a mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, hoisin sauce, honey, and Redbloom. Stir until well mixed.
- Using a brush, generously apply the marinade to all sides of the pork belly, saving about 2 tsp of marinade for later use.
- Place the pork back in the pan and sear it on medium heat until it turns brown.
- Remove from heat and let the pork rest for a few minutes.
Toasting the Bread
- Brush both sides of the sourdough slice with the saved pork oil.
- In the same pan, give the bread a quick sear until it turns golden brown on both sides.
Assembling the Dish
- Begin with laying the toasted sourdough on the plate.
- Add chopped cucumber, baby sweet pepper, finely chopped basil leaves, and julienned green onion as toppings.
- Drizzle 1 tsp of the saved marinade over the toppings.
- Finally, slice the rested pork and place it over the assembled toppings.
- Drizzle the remaining marinade over the pork for an extra flavor kick.
Voila! Your Redbloom Crispy Pork Toast is ready to serve. The crispy texture of the pork and toast combined with the freshness of the toppings and the zesty punch of Redbloom make this dish a full sensory experience.
Enjoy your meal!