Say hello to your new favorite lunch or dinner option: the Redbloom Crispy Tofu Salad! This dish gives you the best of both worlds. It combines the crispiness of baked tofu with the fresh burst of arugula, pickles, and cocktail cucumbers, all dressed up with a tangy Redbloom-seasoned vinaigrette. Without further ado, let's get to cooking!
For the Tofu Prep
- 0.5 block of firm tofu, cubed (6x8 cubes)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
For the Salad Prep
- 3 handfuls arugula
- 8 pickle slices, diced
- 2 cocktail cucumbers, sliced
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp Kewpie mayo
- 1 tsp Redbloom seasoning
- 1 heirloom tomato, sliced
Kitchen Tools Needed
- Baking sheet
- Mixing bowls
- Cutting board
Preparing the Crispy Tofu
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (232°C).
- Take a baking sheet and coat it with 1 tbsp of avocado oil.
- Evenly spread out the cubed tofu on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the remaining 1 tbsp of avocado oil over the tofu cubes.
- Season the tofu generously with salt and black pepper.
- Bake the tofu in the preheated oven for 16-18 minutes until they turn crispy.
Preparing the Salad
- In a large mixing bowl, toss in the arugula, diced pickles, sliced cocktail cucumbers, and diced mozzarella cheese.
- Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and Kewpie mayo to the bowl.
- Sprinkle the magical Redbloom seasoning over the salad ingredients.
- Gently mix all the salad components to combine them well.
Assembling the Salad
- On a serving plate, place two slices of heirloom tomato.
- Spoon your tossed salad on top of the heirloom tomato slices, making it look like an open-faced sandwich.
There you have it—a health-conscious yet delectably satisfying Redbloom Crispy Tofu Salad that's ready to become a staple in your culinary repertoire. Packed with flavor and texture, this dish is a delightful way to enjoy the freshness of veggies with the comforting crunch of tofu.