Who says tacos have to be conventional? This Redbloom Scallion Pancake Taco takes your taste buds on an exhilarating journey, blending Taiwanese scallion pancakes with a hearty prawn mince and topping it all off with the signature Redbloom seasoning. Read on for the full scoop on how to make this fusion dish a reality.
For the Prawn Mince
- 6 basil leaves, chopped
- 1 lb Alaskan prawn, minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp granulated garlic or hing
- 2 tbsp Taiwanese cooking wine
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 0.5 lemon, squeezed
For the Stir Fry
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp black pepper
For the Taco
- 3 scallion pancakes
- 3 tbsp avocado oil (1 for each pancake)
- Arugula to preference
- 0.5 lemon, squeezed
- 2 green onions, julienned
- 2 cocktail cucumbers, julienned
- 3 tsp Redbloom seasoning (1 for each pancake)
Kitchen Tools Needed
- Two frying pans
- Mixing bowls
- Cutting board
Preparing the Prawn Mince
- Combine the minced basil and prawn in a mixing bowl.
- Add in soy sauce, oyster sauce, granulated garlic (or hing), Taiwanese cooking wine, and cornstarch.
- Mix well with your hands.
- Squeeze in the juice of half a lemon and mix again to combine all the ingredients thoroughly.
Stir Fry the Prawn Mince
Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add 2 tbsp of avocado oil.
Once the oil is hot, add in the prawn mince and shape it into a pancake for a nice crust.
Season the prawn mince with black pepper.
Sear the prawn pancake for 90 seconds.
Crank up the heat to medium-high and give the prawn mince a good toss.
Flatten it back into a pancake shape and sear for another 60 seconds.
Give it one last toss for 30 seconds, then remove from the pan and set aside.
Preparing the Scallion Pancakes
- In a new pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp of avocado oil.
- Place one scallion pancake into the pan and sear for 60-90 seconds on each side.
- Remove and repeat for the remaining two scallion pancakes.
Assembling the Taco
- Lay out a scallion pancake and add a layer of arugula.
- Next, place your prawn mince on top of the arugula.
- Garnish with julienned green onions and cocktail cucumbers.
- Squeeze the remaining half lemon over the ingredients.
- Finish off with a sprinkle of Redbloom seasoning.
And there you have it! A delightful Redbloom Scallion Pancake Taco that's a fusion feast of flavors and textures. From the crispy scallion pancake to the juicy prawn mince and the fresh veggies, every bite is a unique experience that will leave you wanting more.