If you're on the hunt for a simple, healthy, and exquisite dish, look no further. Our Redbloom Steamed Fish takes only 20 minutes to prepare, is loaded with flavors, and comes in at just 500 calories per serving. Light, delicious, and perfect for a weekday dinner or a special occasion, this recipe is guaranteed to impress.
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Calories: 500 per serving
- Servings: 2
- 2 white fish fillets
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 6 basil leaves, julienned
- 2 green onions, julienned
- 1 nub ginger, julienned
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp Redbloom seasoning
Kitchen Tools Needed
- Steamer or steam rack
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Cutting board and knife
Steaming the Fish
- Prepare your steamer or set up a steam rack over a pot of boiling water.
- Once the steam is ready, place the fish fillets in the steamer.
- Cover and steam on medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
Preparing the Avocado Oil
- While the fish is steaming, pour 1/4 cup of avocado oil into a saucepan.
- Heat the avocado oil over medium heat until it's hot but not smoking.
Garnishing the Fish
- Carefully remove the steamed fish fillets from the steamer and place them on serving plates.
- Garnish each fillet with julienned basil leaves, green onions, ginger, and cilantro leaves.
- Pour the hot avocado oil over the garnished fish, ensuring the herbs get a nice "flash fry" from the hot oil.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of sesame oil over the fish.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of Redbloom seasoning on top for that extra kick of flavor.
And just like that, your Redbloom Steamed Fish is ready to serve and enjoy! The rich aroma of steamed fish mingling with herbs, combined with the complex flavors of the sauce, makes this dish irresistible. The fact that it’s quick to prepare and low in calories is just a bonus. Dive in and enjoy!