Redbloom Lamb Steak Sandwich Recipe
Ah, the art of crafting the perfect sandwich—a task both exciting and fulfilling. Now, imagine elevating that humble sandwich into a gastronomic delight with tender lamb steak and a burst of robust flavors. That's right; this Redbloom Lamb Steak Sandwich is no ordinary snack. It's a hearty meal that promises to impress your taste buds and make you the talk of your next dinner party. Ready to get started? Let’s dive right in!
For the Sandwich Prep:
- 1 heirloom tomato (sliced)
- 1 lb grass-fed lamb steak
- 4 basil leaves
- 2 slices vegan cheese
- 4 slices Erewhon olive sourdough
- Black pepper to taste
For Redbloom Aioli:
- 6 basil leaves
- 6 cloves garlic (crushed) (skip if low FODMAP)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp Kewpie mayo
- 1 tbsp Redbloom Bloom Bae
For Lamb Seasoning:
- 2 tsp pink salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder (skip if low FODMAP)
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp paprika
Kitchen Tools Needed
- Cutting board
- Frying pan
- Cooking tongs
- Mixing bowl
- Cheese torch (optional)
Prepping the Lamb:
- Trim off the excess fat from the lamb steak and set it aside.
- Combine the ingredients for the Lamb Seasoning in a bowl and rub it thoroughly into the lamb steak on both sides.
Cooking the Lamb:
- Heat a pan on medium-high and add in the trimmed lamb fat to oil the pan well.
- Place the lamb steak in the pan and cook it for 90 seconds on each side.
- Lower the heat and add in butter, 6 basil leaves, and crushed garlic. Baste the lamb for another 90 seconds.
Resting the Lamb:
- Take the lamb out of the pan and let it rest on a chopping block for 7 minutes.
Creating Redbloom Aioli:
- Take the remaining fried basil and garlic and put them into a mixing bowl.
- Add Kewpie mayo and Redbloom Bloom Bae. Mix until smooth to create your Redbloom Aioli.
Preparing the Sourdough:
- Toast the slices of Erewhon olive sourdough in the pan, making use of the remaining lamb fat for added flavor.
Assembling the Sandwich:
- Once the lamb has rested, slice it into pieces suitable for sandwich layering.
- Start with a slice of sourdough, then layer half a pound of lamb steak, a slice of vegan cheese (torch it if you want it melted), a generous dollop of Redbloom Aioli, two slices of heirloom tomato, and a sprinkle of black pepper.
- Top it off with two basil leaves and another slice of sourdough.
- Your Redbloom Lamb Steak Sandwich is now ready to be devoured. Enjoy every bite of this delicious masterpiece!
This hearty sandwich is perfect on its own but also pairs well with a side of crispy fries or a simple green salad. A cold craft beer would also complement the flavors beautifully.
This Redbloom Lamb Steak Sandwich isn't just another sandwich; it's an experience—a glorious combination of textures and flavors that makes for a satisfying and delicious meal. Whether it’s a weekend treat or a special occasion dish, this recipe is bound to be a crowd-pleaser.