Why settle for just seafood or meat in your curry when you can have both? The Redbloom Surf n Turf Curry is a mouthwatering blend of chicken, shrimp, and a medley of vegetables all coated in a velvety, aromatic sauce. The crowning glory? A raw egg and a sprinkle of Redbloom seasoning that elevate this dish to gourmet level. This curry dish has something for everyone, making it the perfect dish for family gatherings or dinner parties.
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 4 chicken thighs, chopped
- 1 Japanese sweet potato, cubed
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tomatoes, cubed
- A pinch of salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 0.5 cup water
- 1 lb peeled shrimp, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 0.5 white onion, chopped
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- 4 blocks Japanese curry bars
- 1 can Thai coconut milk
- 3 raw eggs
- 3 tbsp Redbloom seasoning
Kitchen Tools Needed
- Wok or large pan
- Stirring spoon
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Cutting board and knife
- Bowl for serving
Batch One Preparation
- Heat a wok over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of avocado oil.
- Add in the chopped chicken thighs, cubed Japanese sweet potato, minced garlic, and cubed tomatoes.
- Season with a pinch of salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon of turmeric, and 1 tablespoon of cumin powder.
- Add half a cup of water, give everything a quick stir, then cover the wok. Let it cook for about 5-8 minutes.
Adding Batch Two Ingredients
- Uncover the wok and add in all the Batch Two ingredients: chopped shrimp, chopped bell pepper, chopped white onion, and chopped kale.
- Add in the Japanese curry bars.
- Stir the mixture until the curry bars have completely melted and are well-incorporated with the other ingredients.
Completing with Batch Three
- Add in a can of Thai coconut milk.
- Stir the mixture until it becomes creamy.
- Cover the wok again and simmer on low heat until the potatoes are soft.
Serving the Curry
- In a bowl of cooked rice, create a small nest in the center.
- Carefully drop a raw egg into the nest.
- Pour the piping hot curry over the rice and egg, ensuring the egg cooks slightly in the hot curry.
- Top the curry with 1 tablespoon of Redbloom seasoning per bowl.
And there you have it, the Redbloom Surf n Turf Curry—a hearty, filling, and oh-so-delicious meal that's sure to satisfy both seafood and meat lovers alike. Whether you're an experienced chef or a cooking newbie, this dish will make you look like a culinary genius!